Thursday, May 3, 2012

Paper Beads

My mom likes to do beadwork, well right now its more like she likes to collect beading things. She has tons of beads, tools and findings but has yet to make a single thing. So whats more natural then for me to make her some paper beads? I saw a video on youtube about how to make paper beads, it looked fun so I decided to try it. Now I am addicted to making them. You can make multiple shapes if you know how to cut the paper but the really fun part is decorating them, at least for me. I like to make the diamond shaped ones and its fun to cut them out, color them, and roll them up to see what you get and glaze them. I could explain the process to you better but instead I shall post the video.


This video is really helpful. Now that I'm making paper beads I vaguely remember my mother buying me a kit to make them as a kid, but I am having way more fun now then I did then.

No comments:

Post a Comment