Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Spinning

Ok so I have taken an break from cross stitch. I went to embroidery for a week or two and now I am spinning. Its time for the Tour de Fleece almost. I have only been spinning since January and only a bit of my time has went to that. I have a Schacht Matchless and a Schacht Hi Lo Spindle. I will spin on both for the Tour de Fleece. The Tour de Fleece runs the whole time the Tour de France runs so thats almost a whole month and you set your own goals. Mine are so far to spin every day on either the wheel or the spindle and just get better at it.

I actually got a wheel first and then a spindle. Spinning on the spindle for a couple days has made my drafting so much better I can't wait to see the difference when I get back on my wheel, which is waiting on a new T-knob because the old one was defective.

If you're interested in spinning Ravelry is a great resource to get you started and point you to other resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment