Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter

Happy Easter! Today I have two more pictures and some of my favorite sites for you.  The pictures are of a Gypsy Romance Tote I made. The pattern is free and can be found here. I opted to not put on the pom-pons. I think it came out pretty good since I've only sewn a few other things.



As far as sites go spritestitch.com is a great video game cross stitch site. If you click on the link you're taken to the blog which posts all sorts of awesome video game crafts. The forum has great tutorials and friendly people. Even if you don't cross stitch check out the blog. The forums also have pearler bead crafts too.
Intatters.com is where I have been spending a lot of time lately. I have taken up tatting again. For those of you who don't know tatting is where you use either a special needle or a shuttle to make lace with knots. They have different sized thread you can use and it comes in tons of colors, both solid and variegated.  The picture to the right is a picture of a tatting shuttle. I prefer the clover ones like this. I bought a metal Boye one and the sides were sharp and slit my thumb open. The one thing I do like about the Boye shuttle is that it takes interchangeable bobbins so if I need the shuttle for a new project i just pop out the old bobbin and then pop in a new one.

Currently I am attempting to tat a beautiful doily pattern I found online. I saw the doily on pinterest and did some hunting for the pattern. I am using different colors but I love the ones in the picture. The pattern for this doily can be found here. Its not actually written out and it doesn't give much info like where to start so I am just going to wing it as I haven't really followed a diagram like this before. I will post some progress shots when I get the middle flower done. I swear I've done the middle like four times now but I always mess the end up when I try to do the magic thread trick.


No comments:

Post a Comment